Wedding Information

Note: All permitting and scheduling of events at Friendship Fountain are done by the City of Jacksonville Parks Division and this information is provided as a courtesy only.

A Special Use Permit is required to hold a wedding ceremony at one of JaxParks. Reservations can be made online at with Visa or MasterCard; the processing fee is $35.00, plus tax ($37.45). Reservations must be made at least 15 days prior to the event date and can be made up to one year in advance. Generally, a parking plan is needed in order to process the request. The fountain has a set schedule that includes music, if the customer would prefer their own music to be played through their own equipment, requests can be made to have the fountain music off during their event. Alcohol is not permitted for private events.

The direct contact for Friendship Fountain permitting and scheduling is:

Shana D. Wilson – 255-7930 or

Instructions for submitting the online Special Use permit are listed below:

1: Start here:
If you have used the Park reservation system before use your email and password to log in, if not you first have to create a Profile.

2: Once you are logged in then click on “I want to hold an event at a park”
3: What would you like to do today? A Text box with information in it will open up and at the bottom click on “Click here for a “Hold an Event in a Park” reservation!
4: Where do you want to hold your event?  Click on ” 1.  Urban Core planning district.”
5: Pick a Park!  Click on “Friendship Fountain”
6: Pick a Date   Enter estimated number of attendees and then Click on the Calendar icon next to “Pick your event start date:”
Hint: To advance the Year or Month click on the “>>” to the right of each listing
Click on the date you plan for your Wedding.
Enter the length of Event  Then click Next
7: Availability Then click Next again
8: You will see a page, “Reservation Questionnaire”,  that requests information regarding your event , make sure to answer all the Yes or No questions and enter the start and end time exactly as shown.
Then click Next.
9: Summary  This page will list the details of the permit you are requesting, make sure they are correct then click next
10: Read and then agree to the “Picnic Pavilion/Special Use Agreement” by clicking on “I accept this agreement”
11: Checkout-Credit Card   You will then be presented with a payment page, at the time of this writing the City appears to accept Visa or MasterCard only.

If you have any problems or questions you will want to contact Shana D. Wilson  (904-255-7930 or

If you do get married at Friendship Fountain send a picture to weddingpicture at and we will place the picture(s) in the wedding album online and announce the wedding in the Wedding Pages.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *